Who We Are
A New Kind of Service is Born
The Door and Window Consultants, Inc. is first and foremost a door and window installation company. We operate on the foundational premise that the success or failure of a door/window project will be determined by the installation. The truth is, the best product can be ruined by a poor installation and an average product can be made better by a good installation.
In the 1990s, the retrofit phenomenon emerged, and along with it, in-home door and window sales increased, which became a very competitive market and one where a salesperson’s job was to ‘close the deal’ on the first visit while only offering one product line of doors and windows without truly understanding the needs of the homeowner.
Many of our customers have shared their previous experiences involving little choice of product, high-pressure sales and pitches, gimmicks and manipulation to ‘close the deal’. We know that you deserve better, so we built a user-friendly model in determining the best outcome for your needs. Our superior product knowledge with over 25+ years of selling and installing doors and windows will save you hours of searching through catalogs, visiting retail stores, and looking at products that are NOT right for your home.
The Door and Window Consultants, Inc. was created to meet the consumer’s need when choosing new doors and windows. We offer fair and honest recommendations based on your home, style, function, exposure to elements, desired enhancements, and of course, your budget.
We believe that the consulting process is the first step in determining the best outcome of your project therefore we take the time to:
- Listen to your needs and ideas
- Take accurate measurements of the existing openings and/or areas to create
- Make recommendations based upon what you want to achieve
- Discuss the pros and cons of certain aspects of the job – style, material, color choices, trim choices, etc.
- Advise you on the products that best suit your project
- Suggest local retailers where you can view products
- Provide pricing for the products you select, if needed
- Provide an estimate for installation
- Answer all of your questions and concerns
Our main goal is to gather information about your project, so you can make a decision that is best for you.
Founder, Randy Burger, comes from a contracting background. He spent his early adult years working and learning the construction business from his contractor-father. After moving to San Diego and choosing doors and windows as the field to continue in, he took a job installing doors for a local contractor, where he learned and improved the proper technique for door and window installation. Randy worked for a variety of large door and window suppliers and providers, always as a carpenter. Opening a large door and window store in 1997, Randy sold the store portion in 2004 and continued with his trained carpenters to install products all throughout San Diego and SoCal. To this day The Door and Window Consultants has installed more doors and windows in San Diego County than any other installation company. Many of the current employees are very long term and have been with Randy the whole time.
WHY USE The Door and Window Consultants, Inc?
- We are CSLB licensed general contractors and hold a C-17 glazing license
- We are 21+ year veterans of the door and window business
- After completing tens of thousands of successful jobs, we have ZERO complaints against our license.
- We are factory certified.
- We are fully insured, including liability and worker's comp
- Job site is cleaned & secured on a daily basis.
- Full time office and warehouse staff to serve you
- Complete turn-key service includes job tracking.
- FREE onsite consultation
- A+ rated by BBB
- AAMA certified
- CIM certified
- Waterproofing certified
- Motorization trained
- Factory trained
- Fully experienced
- Covering all Southern California
Thank you for your professionalism, efficiency, co-operation and especially the finished product, your carpenter, the “windows”! – Barbara M.